Who Are We
We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
When you use our website:
- Name, email, nature of your enquiry via our contact us form
- Reviews and testimonials
Any data provided through the website https://ruthbennettphysio.com, e.g. your name, email address, telephone number and any message has been provided by you the user and therefore has been provided by you with your consent.
If you become a patient of Ruth Bennett Physio:
We may collect the following data so that we can meet you and discuss how we may be able to treat you.
- Name, contact details, date of birth, job title
- GP, medical information
- Depending on method of payment we may need to take your payment card details or insurance details
Why we need your data and what we do with your data
For the purposes of providing treatment, we may require detailed medical information. We will only collect what is relevant and necessary for your treatment. When you attend your appointment, we will make notes which may include details concerning your medication, treatment and other issues affecting your health.
This data is always held securely and is not shared with anyone not involved in your treatment. To be able to process your personal data it is a condition of any treatment that you give your explicit consent to allow Ruth Bennett Physio to document and process your personal medical data.
Some basic personal data may be collected about you from the marketing forms and surveys you complete, from records of our correspondence and phone calls and details of your visits to our website, including but not limited to, personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses.
Ruth Bennett Physio will only collect the information needed so that she can provide you with the services you require, the business does not sell or broker your data.
Legal Basis for Processing any Personal Data
To meet our contractual obligations obtained from explicit Patient Consent and legitimate interest to respond to enquiries concerning the services provided.
Legitimate Interests pursued by Ruth Bennett Physio
To promote treatments for patients with all types of health problems indicated for healthcare services provided at the clinic.
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to Ruth Bennett Physio processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by using the postal, email address or telephone number provided at the end of this Privacy Notice.
What we would also like to do with your data
Contact details provided by you such as telephone numbers, email addresses, postal addresses may be used to remind you of future appointments and provide reports or other information concerning your treatment.
As part of my obligation as a healthcare practitioner there may be circumstances related to your treatment, on-going care or medical diagnosis that will require the sharing of your medical records with other healthcare practitioners e.g GPs, consultants, surgeons and/or medical insurance companies. Where this is required we will always inform you first unless we are under a legal obligation to comply.
For marketing purposes, Ruth Bennett Physio may also use the contact details provided by you to respond to your enquiries, including making telephone contact and emailing information to you which we believe may be of interest to you.
Third Party Data Processors & Data Storage
We use a number of third parties to process personal data on our behalf. These third parties have been carefully chosen and, to the best of our belief and understanding, all of them comply with current GDPR legislation.
Booking system & electronic treatment notes.
Ruth Bennett Physio sends relevant marketing emails via Mailchimp. This might include offers and information regarding your Physiotherapy service or exercise class that you attend. If you have signed up to Ruth Bennett Physio’s email subscription list your name and email address will be stored on Mailchimp. You will be able to unsubscribe from Mailchimp at any time by clicking on the link within the email that you receive.
Links to other websites
The website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave my website, you should note that we do not have any control over any other website. Therefore, Ruth Bennett Physio cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How long we keep your data
Ruth Bennett Physio will process personal data during the duration of any treatment and will continue to store only the personal data needed for eight years after the contract has expired to meet any legal obligations. After eight years all personal data will be destroyed. Your information we use for marketing purposes will be kept with us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information. Records concerning minors who have received treatment will be retained until the child has reached the age of 25.
What are your rights
At any point whilst Ruth Bennett Physio is in possession of, or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that Ruth Bennett Physio refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge. At your request Ruth Bennett Physio can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed.
If you believe that any information Ruth Bennett Physio is holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the below address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation (Ruth Bennett Physio) that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Ruth Bennett Physio and information about these interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erasure, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (ICO).
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
To access what personal data is held, identification will be required
Ruth Bennett Physio will accept the following forms of identification (ID) when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your driving licence, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If Ruth Bennett Physio is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released. All requests should be made to [email protected] or by phoning 07738 301884 or writing to us at the address below.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Ruth Bennett Physio you have the right to complain. If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Blue Lotus Therapy Centre, Scorrier House Workshops, Scorrier, Redruth, Cornwall, TR165AU Telephone: 07738 301884 or email [email protected]
Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF Telephone +44 (0) 303 123 1113 or email: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/